INDIAN AIR FORCE
SELECTION FOR QUALIFIED / FINAL YEAR GRADUATES / ENGINEERS / POST GRADUATES
MEN AND WOMEN IN FLYING (PILOT), TECHNICAL AND GROUND DUTY BRANCHES
1. Indian Air Force invites applications from Male & Female Indian citizen for grant of commission in Flying (Pilot), Technical and Ground Duty Branches for the following courses for which the training would commence in Jan 2012 and for UES entry in Jul 2012.
(a) Courses for Men commencing in Jan 2012: -
Sl No. Branch Course Numbers
(i) Flying Branch: No. 9 Short Service Commission
(ii) Technical Branch: No. 80 Aeronautical Engineers Courses (Permanent Commission)
No. 52 Short Service Commission
(iii) Ground Duty Branches: No. 131 Ground Duty Officers Course (Permanent Commission)
No. 24 Short Service Commission
(b) Course for Men commencing in Jul 2012 (For Pre-final year Engineering Students only)
(i) Technical Branch: UES – 2012 (Permanent Commission)
(c) Courses for Women commencing in Jan 2012: -
(i) Flying Branch: No. 38 Short Service Commission
(ii) Technical Branch: No. 52 Short Service Commission
(iii) Ground Duty Branches: No. 40 Short Service Commission
2. Graduates & Post Graduates with minimum 60% and 50% of marks respectively from different streams as stipulated in the advertisement are eligible to apply. Candidates appearing in final year / semester examination may also apply provided there should not be any present backlog at the time of SSB testing and the candidates should be able to provide provisional / original degree certificate latest by 15 Dec 2011.
3. Separate advertisements have been released for Women and Men category in Employment News dated
22 Jan 2011 and other Daily Newspapers on 22 Jan 2011 and 23 Jan 2011 respectively.
4. All the relevant details, such as, educational qualifications, age, procedure for selection, application format and other aspects have been adequately covered in the advertisement. A copy of advertisements along with application formats are annexed herewith. Copy of advertisement, application format and other relevant information may also be downloaded from our website www.careerairforce.nic.in. Eligible and willing candidates can apply as per procedure mentioned in the advertisement. The last date for receipt of applications is 22 Feb 2011 and for North Eastern States is 01 Mar 2011.
5. You are requested to disseminate the above information amongst the eligible candidates of your Institute. The information may also be passed on to the candidates those who have recently graduated and are keen to join the Indian Air Force. In case of any query, please feel free to contact us at above mentioned contact details. You are requested to forward your institute E-mail ID for Future correspondence at our email address email@example.com
Annexure: (i) Advertisements
(ii) Application Formats